Videos are now a very popular choice when it comes to consuming content and many professional services and B2B firms are using video as part of their marketing strategy to raise their profile and increase conversions.
Videos can help to improve engagement and are a useful tool for repurposing work that has already been done such as a blog, website content, email newsletters, presentations, testimonials, case studies and social media.
In fact, a study by Heinz Marketing found in the last year, 68% of organisations planned to increase their video marketing investment.
Video marketing can help to:
- Get more engagement and reach
- Stay visible for longer on feeds
- Achieve higher search rankings
- Humanise a brand by providing a more personal way to engage with viewers
- Demonstrate thought leadership and expertise
- Stand out and stay ahead of the competition
9 out of 10 viewers said that they wanted to see more videos from brands and businesses.
For professional services firms, video can help to explain a certain issue or process in a way that is easy for viewers to understand. Video marketing can build a brand’s credibility, provide easy, digestible content, and create an emotional connection.
However, for some business owners, it can be difficult to find the time to create video content, but to generate that human connection, a director or manager should try and be the face of video. As that’s not always possible, it’s important to have someone that will best represent the business and is comfortable in front of the camera, practice makes perfect.
In 2020, 96% of consumers increased their online video consumption, and as of 2021, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes per day watching online videos.
Struggling with video content?
Finding ideas for video content can be challenging, especially in the professional services sector but video can help to simplify a more complex or technical process. Our earlier blog gives some useful video content ideas.
As well as deciding what content to film, many find being on camera a daunting process! Our previous blog provides tips on how to come across more naturally.
- Keep it short and sweet
- Use video to repurpose content that’s already there e.g., from an existing blog, presentation or newsletter
- Make sure you have the right equipment, for example, a tripod to hold your camera or phone
- Make sure you have the correct set up such as lighting and clean background
- Use and practice with a good video editing platform – there are lots of apps to choose from
- Promote videos through social media using effective SEO techniques including descriptions, hashtags, keywords and tagging
Marketing for Professional Services
The go-to strategic marketing partner for ambitious professional services