Marketing Executive, Alison, is a former Forensic Scientist who moved into professional services marketing in 2008 and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM).
Are you bringing your marketing to life?
2019 has seen a surge in the use of video on social media platforms and it is now a focal point in many marketing strategies.
With smartphones and technology, it has never been easier to create cost-effective videos, and these are a great way of demonstrating a company’s story in an entertaining and engaging style.
So, everyone is talking about video, but how can it work for your professional services business?
Give video a try!
For professional services, video can be a great tool to simplify your message, bring your brand to life and showcase your personality. Clients and prospects will find watching a video more appealing than, for example, reading a long, technical paper – and it will save them time too!
Start your video journey with one of our top 5 content ideas:
- A ‘talking head’ video. Does a partner in the firm have a good message to share – about a specific problem your business can solve for clients? Or do you have a happy client who could give a video testimonial?
- A ‘moving pictures’ video. If you have a library of amazing stock imagery, why not repurpose it with a video consisting of images and text to get your key messages across? This could be great for building brand awareness or explaining a technical issue in an easy to understand way.
- An animated video. Animations are very popular and a great way to bring a story to life. Characters and locations can be created to suit your message. Why not make an ‘explainer’ video to describe how clients can use your services?
- Live videos. Going ‘live’ gives that behind the scenes feel. They also tend to have higher engagement rates. Could you live-stream an interview or presentation, or during a charity day at the office? Live videos will be added to your library afterwards, rather than disappear entirely.
- Event highlight videos. Do you host conferences, seminars or charity events? Producing a highlight video from your event, interviews with speakers, summaries from presentations and so on can be a great way to promote your events and generate brand awareness.
Video can seem daunting at first, especially if you have to be the one on camera, but with practice and time, you can produce really engaging content – remember you are aiming for lots of comments and questions from your viewers to build relationships, demonstrate thought leadership and expertise.
Cal Partners is an award-winning marketing and business development agency working exclusively with professional services firms. We have introduced businesses to video by scripting question and answer sessions, coordinating video shoots and the editing process, and ultimately incorporating video effectively as another part of their marketing mix.