Rachel is Marketing Manager at Cal Partners and is a Chartered Marketer. She began working in marketing in 2007 and has a particular specialism in the professional services sector.
Today’s top digital marketing priorities for professional services firms
The professional services sector is rapidly changing due to the ongoing uncertainty in the current coronavirus climate and remote way of working. We are now seeing firms embracing and developing a digital marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, stand out from competition and connect with current and prospective clients.
As there are many benefits of digital marketing, it might be difficult to determine the most effective channel for your firm, what will bring the most return on investment and fits within budget. It is important to consider what it is you want to achieve to help determine the right strategy for you. We have outlined some of the most effective ways to generate great results.
Today’s top digital marketing priorities:
- Content Marketing – from blog posts, eBooks, whitepapers and infographics, content marketing generates brand awareness, traffic growth and lead generation. For the professional services sector, it is important to you set yourselves apart with thought leadership and your content should include relevant insights, opinions, expertise and tips.
- Social Media Marketing – sharing your content on social media can increase your website traffic, raise brand awareness, build conversions and improve engagement with your target audience. Posting text, images, videos as well as paid social media advertising can dramatically improve and drive engagement from your target audience as well as your online presence. If you feel overwhelmed as to which platform you should be using, here is a beginner’s guide.
- Video Marketing is a must have for every business and is a great way to raise awareness, create engagement and drive sales. For professional services, video can be a great tool to simplify your message and bring your brand to life. If you need some help with video content, our blog provides some useful ideas.
- Website SEO – search engine optimisation is a fundamental part of digital marketing. Having greater visibility and higher rankings in search results than your competitors can have an impact on your end goal! Make sure you have Google analytics set up to track your website traffic and you should undertake keywords research. There are many free and paid tools that can help with this or if you have a bigger budget, you can outsource your SEO to an expert.
- Email Marketing – in the current climate, email marketing is a great way to keep in touch with your clients. Email can be used to promote content, discounts, tips, regular company updates or as a client welcome or follow up email. With any email, the format layout and subject line are all important to grab attention as soon as it lands in the inbox. It is also very important that any email marketing campaigns are compliant with data protection regulations. Here are some top tips for your email newsletter.
With the ease of researching online, clients have more power and ability to search for the right professional for their needs, so the easier that your services can be found online, then the easier it will be for you to attract clients. In comparison to more traditional offline marketing, digital marketing also offers much more tangible and trackable results for you to measure.
Do you want to develop your digital marketing strategy? We can audit your competition and current online presence to build a realistic and practical digital marketing strategy using appropriate tools and tactics. Contact us here for your free consultation.