Rachel is Marketing Manager at Cal Partners and is a Chartered Marketer. She began working in marketing in 2007 and has a particular specialism in the professional services sector.
Facebook Business Page - the real benefits?
Facebook has been criticised and received some negativity in recent months due to the constant algorithm and news feed changes. In turn, we have discovered, and clients and contacts have confirmed, that company pages have had to work much harder to maintain reach and generate engagement.
However, it is important not to give up on your company page. With 1.59 billion daily active users, it is still one of the best social networks to have a business presence.
So, what are the benefits of a Facebook business page?
- Brand awareness – as Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms, having a presence is a no brainer. The potential to reach your target audience and gain exposure to potential clients and customers remains significant.
- It is a great platform to generate leads and collect email addresses through various initiatives, such as competitions, offers and giveaway promotions.
- You can set up messenger on your page so you can communicate and deal directly with clients. This is another easy to use channel through which your audience can engage with you.
- Recommendations from clients will give your page more reach and credibility when people visit your page.
- Driving traffic to your site – although Facebook penalises pages that direct visitors away from Facebook, it is sensible to include links to your website on some posts occasionally or point people in the direction to your website URL from the about section – this means you will still be able to drive traffic to your website through the company page information. Having a presence on here will encourage people to research you more online.
- Setting up a company page is free and should be utilised as a marketing tool. It only costs you when you start to advertise. Facebook adverts are relatively inexpensive and with its targeting ability is a great way to reach the right audience.
Some useful tips for your Facebook company page
- Don’t include, or at least not on every post, external URL Links on your posts – Facebook wants to keep people on Facebook and if you are driving people away, your content will influence how it is seen on the feed.
- Facebook advertising is having an incredible impact on some businesses. For very little money, you can achieve a lot! The targeting options can be made very specific and you are able to reach exactly who you want to.
- It’s all about video content so make sure you incorporate it as part of your strategy. The first 3 seconds are the most important - your videos should grab attention and start with appealing and interesting content to hook your audience.
Cal Partners is a social media agency based in Newcastle. We work with professional services firms to deliver marketing and digital marketing strategies. Get in touch to find out how we can help develop and manage your Facebook business page. You can follow us on Facebook here.