Rachel is Marketing Manager at Cal Partners and a member of the Chartered Insitute of Marketing (MCIM). She has 10 years of marketing experience with a particular specialism in the professional services sector.
How to spend less than five minutes per day on improving your LinkedIn Profile
We all know how time-consuming marketing and keeping your social media up to date can be. Taking any time away from the day job is never stress free. Against that, it’s important to remember that marketing and social media is now an integral part of any professional services business.
LinkedIn, particularly for anyone working in professional services, is a great tool with which to network and showcase what you do. It’s the largest and most active professional network!
With this in mind, we’ve outlined examples of how to spend less than five minutes per day improving your LinkedIn profile.
- Personalise your LinkedIn URL
- Find and join groups
- Ask for recommendations
- When you meet contacts, send them a LinkedIn connection invitation and personalise connection request messages
- Include and write a good professional summary
- Include a background photo
- Keep your profile updated
- Share, post, comment on and like content
- Include blog/website links on your profile
- Add your LinkedIn profile/company page to your marketing collateral for example, website, email signature
If you would like more information on improving your LinkedIn presence or need help with implementing any of the above, please get in touch.